The VHA Advancement Office is responsible for a number of vital issues related to the school such as SACS/ACSI Accreditation, Strategic Planning, and Fundraising. Each of these play an important part in the future of our school.
Our initial SACS/ACSI Accreditation occurred in 2014 but we are already busy looking toward the reaccreditation visit in 2019. In December of 2014 a Long Range Planning Team began meeting and discussing future academics, arts, sports and master site plans. The Strategic Plan is available for your review on the link below. Obviously, the most visible of the items for which Advancement is responsible is in the area of Fundraising.
Each year, on average, to educate our children it costs approximately $1000 more per student than we actually charge for tuition. While some parents could possibly afford a huge increase in tuition to cover those expenses it would preclude many from attending. Therefore, fundraising is a necessity. While people can and do give through our Annual and Capital Fund, the majority of our fundraising is done through limited events. Please look at the ways we ask families to participate in the fundraising process:
- Fine Arts Performances—Each family is required to sell a certain number of tickets (usually 6-10) to their child’s performance once per year.
- Fundraising Discount Cards—Each VHA Family is responsible for purchasing/selling 10 cards at $10 each.
- Opt Out of All Fundraising—Families have the option of paying a fundraising fee of $1,000. This will give them:10 Discount CardsA receipt for a $750 tax deductible donation
- Opt out of Annual Campaign
- Tickets/Table for respected event
- Other ways you can help that do not require fundraising:Bi-Lo Rewards—Register your card with Bi-Lo to earn points for our school, visit http://www.bi-lo.com to register your card.Parker’s—1¢ from every gallon of gas sold on the first Wednesday of every month! Help get the word out to parents and other supporters of your school. You can raise funds for your school by using the Parker’s PumpPal Club Card on “Fueling the Community” Wednesdays. Just pick up a PumpPal card at any Parker’s location. Then go online at www.ParkerSav.com to quickly sign up as a member. Don’t forget to register your school for the 1¢ per gallon donation. Existing PumpPal members can access their accounts online anytime and select their school for the donation.
- Window Decals ($5)—Available at the front office
- Box Tops—Save your Box Tops! Every Box Top donated is worth $.10